Monday, January 19, 2009

Dream snippets

Happy MLK JR Day to all!

Our celebration of this holiday involves listening to U2's "Pride (In the name of love)" and posting our vivid dream recollections.

I have a head cold and always have stranger dreams when I am sick. Since last night's dream is most fresh, I will tell about that one. I am on the phone with Tiff and she tells me she has a great idea for a music video. After talking to her, I turn on the TV and there she is on MTV! She and Ringo have marimbas set up in the concrete center of a busy 4-lane street, just under a traffic light. They are playing, and then Dave steps on top of a car with a microphone and starts singing. (18-year-old, long-haired, jean-jacketed, bearded Dave). Then the video shows him getting off the car, still singing, walking amid multiples of Daves all over the place at various adolescent ages... there is a big crowd of them. It's very bizarre. I look over at Chadd (still the dream) who is asleep, and wake him up, saying: "Look- it's Dave... that guy I was engaged to!" And he sleepily looks over at the TV. Then Charlie starts making noise in the next room and I wake up.

Another vivid dream from when I was 14 years old:

There is a tall chest at my mom's house that she had made for Ray and I when I was little. In my dream, my 3-year-old self is looking at me with disapproval. A wave of shame crashes through me and I feel convicted by her glare. So, I pick her up like a baby in my arms, take her over to the cabinet/chest and lift up the lid to the little storage compartment, putting her inside and shutting the door, so I can't see her look at me that way anymore. Yeah. Creepy one... still vivid.

In another dream when I was 10, my best friend who had moved to Germany came back. It was so real and I was so elated that I woke up and expected to see her when i opened my bedroom door. It was really emotional.

Okay. That's all I have time to remember. The small ones are too quiet downstairs :)

No comments: