Monday, January 19, 2009

Past Dreams

My most memorable dream is from when I was around 5. I was in a big house, I don't know how I got there. I was looking for a door, but there weren't any. I found a huge picture window, and my family was standing outside. I wanted to get out to them, but I couldn't. I never saw a monster, but I knew there was one, that he was keeping me captive.
I dream every night, very vividly-it's like I am watching movies all night. I can remember lots of snippets, images, concepts. One I was at a pet store and a huge oscar like our fish Brutus. He was going crazy in the tank, as Brutus does, and he broke the side. There was water everywhere! I remember going to Disneyland, riding all the rides. Once I was at a water park. I often dream that there is something I need or want to see, but my eyes won't open. I dream that I can't run fast enough-to get to something or away from someone. My favorite re-occuring dream is where I start to run and can "fly," my feet never touching the ground. I dream quite often that I am back in High School, sometimes doing it over again, sometimes young again. I am always in band, usually during marching season.
I've dreamt things too embarassing to tell, things too mundane to remember. I wish I were asleep and dreaming right now.

No comments: